A common issue we've noticed with clients who run DynMap (the popular online map viewer plugin) is that their servers use significantly more SSD space than an average server.
A Bukkit or Spigot server with multiple large worlds could use upwards of 50GB space by itself, which tends to breach our fair usage policy.
Luckily, there's a simple solution to fix disk usage with this plugin:
- Log into your server with the Multicraft Web FTP or your favorite FTP client.
- Navigate to /plugins/dynmap/
- Open configuration.txt in a text editor.
- Use the "Find" function and search for image-format
- Change the image format from png to jpg
- Delete the folders inside /plugins/dynmap/web/tiles/ (such as world, world_nether, world_the_end, etc.)
- Regenerate the DynMap world from in-game.
We kindly ask that clients currently using DynMap follow this procedure for the benefit of both themselves and other clients on the same machine.